Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wow, I pretty much forgot about this blog.

It's been a long 6 months. Finished my second semester of college and managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA. That got me on the President's List but affected me in no other way, positively or negatively, that I can see. I suppose only time will tell if the work is worth it or not.

Finds have.... Well, they have pretty much disappeared. I don't always buy much of anything, but when I do, I use exact change. (I feel a meme coming on...)

Additionally, my collecting focus has re-oriented itself more to paper currency than coins these days. My interest seems to rotate in cycles of about 6 months. Coins -> Currency -> Coins with the random bout of stamp collecting thrown in as well. Currently, I have been putting my attention on a block collection of $1, $2, and $5 bills (small-size) from circulation, at least back to 1963. I have attempted this collection with $1s and $2s before, only to eventually spend the bills, which is likely what will happen here if it does not hold my interest or if my funds are depleted.

Yesterday, I cashed my first check from my summertime McDonald's job. I asked the teller for older bills if she had any, and the response was that she might. I was expecting maybe a small-portrait $5 or a $20, which I really wouldn't mind. However, when she returned with the cash, I found myself in possession of two 40+ year old $100 bills.

I really should start posting pictures. There really is nothing special about them; I'm not sure if I will even keep them or not.

Stats:

Country: United States of America
Denomination: $100
Type: Federal Reserve Note
Series: 1950D
Serial: G11144734A
Condition: F
Value: <$120, according to Blackbook Price Guide to United States Paper Money, 2008.

Country: United States of America
Denomination: $100
Type: Federal Reserve Note
Series: 1969
Serial: G03004163A
Condition: AU, corner creases.
Value: about $120, estimated according to Blackbook Price Guide to United States Paper Money, 2008.



For more numismatic-related reading, visit the blogs Coined For Money and Cheap, Green, and Happy, which this blog is based upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment