Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cayman Islands 25 Cents

I work at a fast food place as a cashier. There, I admitted it.

Anyway, occasionally I get some pretty neat finds. A certain $1 bill I found was the coolest of the cool, but I'll get to that in another post.

Yesterday I received a 1996 Cayman Islands 25 cent piece. I noticed the portrait of QEII didn't seem right for a Canadian coin, so I took a closer look at it. Here are some pretty bad pics:

 photo 20150706_165453_zpsqcb9du8e.jpg

 photo 20150706_223954_zpsbrvcbxmo.jpg

I'd crop them but Photobucket wasn't playing nice. I need to find a better image hosting site, as well as a better method of taking pictures. 

According to NGC Price Guide, the coin is made of nickel-plated steel with an unknown mintage. The type was minted for two years: 1992 & 1996. The site gives a value of 40 cents in VF condition. I doubt I could get that much for it, but at the current exchange rate, it's worth 30 cents USD, so it's good to know I made a small profit on it. I'll try not to spend the five cents in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment